Our High Index lenses offer a lens thinning service for stronger prescriptions
Please note: price shown is for a pair of lenses
You have a SPH above +/-4.00
If you have a value in the CYL section, and this is above +/-2.25
Our Lens fitting Service - How it works
I've bought a frame on it's own without lenses. But now I'd like you to glaze it for me.
- This isn't a problem for us at all, add a lens package to your basket and we'll send you a mailing bag, prescription form with all the necessary postage to send your frame off to our lens lab for glazing.
Benefits of Anti-Scratch Coating
- This is an additional hard coating which is applied to the surface of the lens to make it a bit more durable to everyday use. This will not make your lenses scratch-proof. We don't charge any extra for anti-scratch coatings
Benefits of Anti-Glare Coating
- Without Anti-Glare coating on your lenses you get light reflections that can cause vision problems. These light reflections are particularly disruptive on wet roads or while driving in the dark, but also in face-to-face conversations when people you are talking with see their own mirror images in your glasses instead of your eyes. By adding Anti Glare it facilitates transparent, clear vision and undisturbed perception, makes spectacles more attractive and facilitates a clear view of the spectacle wearer’s eye zone. This also can be added with no extra cost.
How do I know if I have the right SPH for High Index lenses?
- Your SPH will be either or above + or - 4.00
Example of a Prescription that would fit under a "High Index" package:If your SPH falls between the strengths shaded in blue above on our prescription strength chart you are covered by our "High Index" package. If your SPH is less than this we recommend our "Standard Lenses" package which can be ordered here. However, if you have a low SPH and a very high CYL you will still need High Index Lenses.
I have a value under CYL in my prescription, does this affect my Lenses?
- Not everyone will have a value under the CYL section of the prescription form. But if you do this means you have astigmatism, the value simply tells us the severity of that astigmatism. If your CYL is over + or - 2.25 we recommend that you purchase High Index lenses.This is shown in blue on the prescription strength chart above, indicating the strength values which can be included under High Index. However, you may have a very low CYL but high SPH this still means you require High Index lenses.
What if only one of my lens values are classed as "High Index"?
- We class them as a pair. So if you have a SPH for one eye over +/- 4.00 both lenses will be High index. The same for CYL, if you have a high CYL in one eye both lenses will be classed under "High Index".
Lenses FAQs and Understanding your prescription
- Need help understanding your prescription? Find out what SPH, CYL and Axis all mean here. For answers to the most frequently asked questions click here. If you are still stuck, drop us an email and we'll get back in touch as soon as possible.
Lenses Terms and Conditions
- We provide a glazing service, we will fit lenses according to the prescription provided. We don't take responsibility for the accuracy of the prescription provided, however, if there is something unusual we will get in touch to double check.
The glazing service provides you with all the necessary postage labels and protective packaging. If your frame is not packaged as recommended we are unable to offer you a refund if the frame is damage during postage.
Our lenses once glazed are non-refundable, we offer a try-on period without lenses to ensure the glasses suit. Once sent for glazing please ensure that you are happy with the frame, as lenses are completely unique to you and can't be refunded. But any issues can be discussed with our team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have my prescription, what should I do?
- This isn't a problem, you can still add the lens package to your order. And once you've visited your Optometrist and have your prescription you can post your glasses to us for glazing. Our glazing package doesn't expire!
Your optician will provide you with a free NHS eye test every 2 years, you are under no obligation to purchase frames from your optician,
I don't live in the UK, can you fit lenses in my glasses?
- We can, however, we can't provide the try-on period where the glasses are sent to you with out lenses and you send them to our lens lab. But we can send you the frame on it own for glazing by your optician. Or we can pre-glaze before shipping overseas. There are additional costs for shipping outside the UK. Get in touch about overseas orders: email@example.com