SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at:
Banton Loch House Kilsyth GB G65 0PY
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
Banton Loch House Kilsyth GB G65 0PY
At Banton Frameworks, we want to ensure that you, our customers, are happy. We want you to love our products and we endeavour to make sure that dealing with us is easy and stress-free. If you have any comments or questions regarding our work, please get in touch via our email address: email@example.com
Making an Order
All payments made via the bantonframeworks.co.uk website are encrypted with secure technology. Your details via debit/credit card are not retained or in any way visible to Banton Frameworks employees.
During sample sales or promotions, please enter the promotional code at the checkout when requested. Promotional codes are for one time use only and may not be used in separate orders or applied to different products in the case of an exchange. Purchased coupons are non-refundable.
Errors & Omissions
In the case of an error or an omission on the website, Banton Frameworks reserve the right to refund your order prior to the goods being despatched. Banton Frameworks reserve the right to cancel any order if the product is no longer available. No compensation will be paid in such cases but you will be notified and reimbursed for the full cost of the order. Every care has been taken to ensure that the descriptions and specifications of our products are correct. The colours shown on the website are a close representation, but slight variations in the actual product colours may occur due to different screen resolutions and browsers.
You will receive an email from us confirming your payment success. If you experience any issues when trying to making a payment or have any questions regarding this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All our prices are quoted and will be charged in UK Sterling. Local import duties may be payable by the recipient on receipt of the order.
If you have any concerns about an order you’ve already placed please contact us via email at email@example.com. Please note that once an order has been placed, Banton Frameworks are unable to cancel or amend it. Please return any unwanted items for an exchange or refund.
-Please note that all shipping is not inclusive of any taxes, duties or import fees that may be charged when a package reaches it’s destination country. All orders are shipped DDU (Delivered Duty Unpaid).
-Customers outside the EU are exempt from UK value added tax when shopping on our site. VAT at 20.0 % of the total amount for goods will be deducted from the shopping basket total when a ROW destination country is selected at the checkout. Approximate prices in alternative currencies can be viewed by selecting the currency tab in the bottom bar. Prices are shown for EU and tax free checkout.
Returns & Exchanges
We want you to get familiar with your new frame when it first arrives. We take time in our making process. You should do the same when you first receive your frame. This means that you have a 14 day try on period to get familiar with your new frame. When you receive your frame, please do not discard your Banton Frameworks box.
If you are not happy with how your frame fits you, you may want to visit out Adjustments page. If however, your frame isn’t what you expected or you have changed your mind, please read the following information.
UK Returns & Exchanges
- We are happy to provide a full refund or exchange of goods returned within the 14 day ‘try on period’. The frame must be in it’s original, unused and resalable condition.
- Returns within the UK are free.
- Frames out-with the 14 day ‘try on period’ can only be returned by meeting the ‘Faults or Damage’ section criteria further below.
All returns should be addressed to:
Banton Frameworks Returns
Banton Loch House
External UK Returns & Exchanges
Returns out-with the UK can be arranged via our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . We will get in touch as soon as we can to arrange your return.
Please read our Shipping and Shipping Policy sections relevant to Returns & Exchanges.
Faults & Damage
- If you think your product has a fault, please contact us at : email@example.com to request a Faults & Damage form. Return the completed form to us via the same email thread. We are a small team and may take up to a working week to respond.
- We will use the Faults & Damage form to assess whether or not the product has suffered a manufacturing fault. Please note: items that are damaged as a result of excessive or long term usage are not considered to be faulty.
- We recommend that you try and best explain the suspected fault via clear and concise photographs as part of the Faults or Damage form. This will hasten our assessment.
- If goods are indeed faulty or damaged as a result of manufacture, we are happy to pay your return postage to within the UK. See our ‘Shipping & Return Shipping - Policy’section further below.
- Please keep the original packaging that came with your purchase. This must be used to return any item that has been approved as faulty or damaged.
- All returns must be submitted with your details to help us keep track of your item. Print two copies of this; one to put inside the box and one for your reference.
- Do not return your frame using alternative packaging methods. We kindly ask that you use the Banton Frameworks box in which your frame will arrive. If you use other packaging means, the frame will not be covered under warranty via our Terms & Conditions if any damage should occur during transit.
- Lens costs to you are non refundable. They are a totally bespoke feature and cannot be reused for other purchases.
- Frames sent onwards for lens fitting within the 14 day period are covered within our Faults & Damage policy (section further below). If a fault or damage is detected and confirmed within this period, please return your frame, fitted with lenses, to our address. We will repair/replace the damaged component, re-fit the lenses and return the frame to you.
*Upon this occurrence, you cannot request to change your frame model as your lenses are specific to that frame.
Ie: An acetate ‘Roper’ shaped lenses will only fit an acetate ‘Roper’ frame. You may be allowed to change your colour of frame material pending the decision of a Banton Frameworks representative.*
All our orders are fulfilled via The Royal Mail, tracked and recorded. Delivery to within the UK is free, as are our returns.
For purchases from outside the UK, we currently do not offer our lens fitting service. Prices for shipping to outside the UK will be charged an additional equivalent rate of £15.00 Sterling.
Tailor Collection Shipping
Due to the handmade nature of our products, orders from our Tailor Collection are usually dispatched after 7 days of purchase pending the rate of our production. We intend to have your purchase with you as soon as we can whilst maintaining the quality we always strive to achieve.
Banton Bespoke Shipping
For Banton Bespoke purchases, correspondence via email will have occurred from the offset. Notifications between a Banton Frameworks representative and applicant shall be upheld and documented via email. Email updates of frame design, modifications, progress & postage are documented as proof of correspondence. Shipping will occur after frame completion, approved by the applicant.
- Provide clear, accurate and current postage details when filling out your purchase. Deliveries made to previous or incorrect addresses are not covered by Banton Frameworks.
- Once you have received your frame, you have a ‘14 day try on period’ to decide whether or not you want to continue with lens fitting or if you want to return your frame.
- If you have purchased lens fitting via our website, carefully follow and complete the ‘Prescription Form’ fields contained inside the Banton Frameworks box. Keep your writing clear and legible. This means your prescription can be correctly fitted to your new frame.
- By signing the ‘Prescrption Form’ you are agreeing that your prescription details are accurate and up to date. This is a signed agreement to our shipping policy as part of our customer service.
- If you wish to purchase lens fitting after your frame has arrived, please contact us via our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . We can guide you through what to do to organise this service as we strive to beat high street prices.
- It is mandatory that you re-package your frame the way that it arrived. Whether it’s for a return or you are sending your frame to be fitted with lenses, secure your frame inside the original box via the white card tray. If you use other packaging means, the frame will not be covered under warranty via our Terms & Conditions pending any transit damage incurred.
- If you return your frame, we intend to make your replacement or refund happen within 7 working days. We are a small team so please be patient with us.
We are always happy to speak with people interested in our work at Banton Frameworks. If you require any press information, please contact us via email : email@example.com
New Optical Collection
SIGN UP TO BE THE FIRST TO KNOW